Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On Tough Times and Living:

I have been watching the news and I’m chagrined about the economy. Things are not as we would like them to be. Times are tough and getting tougher. We all wish for better times and more cash on hand for fun.

I choose to hope while tightening my belt. I can play with the toys/games I have and still have fun. I can cut back on celebrations because it’s the company not the gala I enjoy. I will make the choice to not accumulate more when I have enough.

I know that it would be easy to give up the lifestyle I have been used to. And harder still to give up the dream of more as time goes by. But we are now in a time that the one with the most toys doesn’t win. It is the one that adapted to living on less who will be on top in the end.

I find myself an older person on a fixed income with little hope of getting a job to help out. We had chosen a lifestyle that we have little we can do to cut back more. As is, rising taxes just may have us out of our home in a few years anyway.

I have always been helpful to those around me. I chose to work in the service sector for most of my out of the home working years. I hope that my life skills will help me but have no illusions that someone out there is looking to save me. Life is not a TV show.

I will try hard not to moan and groan about my lot in life. I will try harder to concentrate on the positive. I survived cancer and my son’s death and can still smile. This is just another set back on the road of life. It is my spirit I strive to up hold, not my belongings. They are just things.

I ask you not to feel me frivolous for not joining the pity party. That is the easy way and doesn’t change a thing. I am a fighter and will keep on fighting to the end. I just don’t need to show you my scars and bruises. I am not a feather head about the world around me. I let others rant while I go on working hard to do my best and smile in the face of adversity.

No comments: