Monday, September 1, 2008

On September:

I woke up this morning to September. There was a slight chill in the air and a smile on my face. I really like the autumn.

It’s more then just the fact that I get to celebrate Halloween. It’s the feeling of nesting I think. We collect thing in from the summer and pull stuff out like snugly sweaters for the winter months. We button down the house against the winter cold. Nesting.

I can also wear my velvets and other clothing that are too warm to wear in the hot weather. Cloaks and capes, wraps and shawls find there way out of the drawers and closets where they had patiently waited for me to play with them again.

Then there are the colorful leaves on the trees. A Lady likes to stand out in black against the color. And she gets to swish her long skirts in the leaves.

For now it may not be autumn on the calendar until the twenty second but in my soul it is because we have moved into September.

No comments: