Saturday, April 11, 2009

On Rupert is Coming Home:

Rupert the computer is fixed. The call came too late to get him last night, but today he is coming home. I don’t know yet in what condition he’ll be in, but whether or not he still knows me or has had his memory wiped clean, I will be able to have pictures on the blog again. Whoo hoo!

I have been having a lot of fun with the old gaming system (Gamecube) again. I even bought some more used games for it. My thumbs have gotten stronger so I just might take the time to keep playing those games too.

Still, I have to say that I really want to get back to my writing. I miss attacking the keyboard when the muse hits. Pen and paper take far too long for me now. I have index cards with ideas on them from the past week, but not the pages I had been able to put out on a regular basis before.

The other down side of Rupert being gone has been that I haven’t been using the exerbike nearly as much, so my weight loss has slowed too. Or has that been Holiday prep and the extra special cooking going on around here. A little of both I suspect.

After a small celebration on his return I will dump the pictures I’ve been taking this past week into him, and get the Epitaph contest ready for tomorrow. But after that I will be deep into my writing again. My characters are clamoring for attention again and I can’t wait to get back at it.

Let me see, how did it go again… Mysteriously, a beautifully carved wooden box arrives at the house in the arms of a bald man with a scar on his left hand and cheek. The main character (Un-named as yet.) wonders at its meaning. Is there more to the seemingly empty box? And what is the secret of its heavy weight?… I can’t wait to find out. How about you?

1 comment:

Mouse said...

Hooray for Rupert! Can't wait until you're up and running at full speed again!