Thursday, April 16, 2009

On A Few Bothers Off My Chest:

It seems to be looking like a beautiful day is starting outside me door.

Rebecca of Twist Whimsy tagged me in a meme, and try as I might, I haven’t been able to get the picture onto my blog so I haven’t posted it yet. My cut and paste is broke and keeps on telling me the setting is too low and I have to change it. But you might as well tell me to walk to the moon. It will not move a thing no matter how small. Nary a letter or period dot. I don’t, can’t, tried to find a way to increase the volume. I’m lost. (This is in Microsoft Work not Word. I don’t have Word.)

My knitting mojo is missing and I can’t seem to get any of my started projects done. I don’t even want to start another. I pick up the needles and their down again before a row is half done.

I have a trip coming up and I’m a terrible traveler. I want to be happy about going, but the thought of the discomfort of getting there sends me in a tizzy. And then I still have to take the trip to get back home once I get there.

Mountain Man is getting the hang of doing the tango, but now that he has learned the steps he doesn’t find the time to practice. Not because he doesn’t like doing it, but because he won, conquered the beast, and now wants to move onto other things. For him the thrill is gone. Sigh.

This long distance wedding planning is killing me. I don’t get to do all the mother of the bride stuff I had looked forward to in my dreams of having a daughter when she was little. Not that I had plans to take over her wedding. I just was looking forward to having some part in the process. She has a dress already and I wasn’t there to see it. Tear slides slowly down my cheek.

But I’ll tell you what. The sun is shining and the day is cooking up to be wonderful. I have laundry to hang in the sunshine so I’ll stop and smell some metaphorical roses along the way. I have this moment to live and I’m not going to let a few things on my chest take the luster off a lovely day like today.

1 comment:

Rebecca Nazar said...

Sorry about the meme headache. My hubby had to help me. He's a computer uber-geek.

I'm going on a trip soon too. I understand how you feel. It's going to be an eleven hour car ride. :-(

I feel everyone should just elope.

Enjoy the sunshine: now that's a fantastic idea.