Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On Day Two Boston:

No pictures yet, of the many I‘ve taken. I didn’t bring the cord to attach my camera to my computer. (Of all the things to forget, I forget that.) My laptop doesn’t take the memory card and I am looking for a solution for the problem.
_______________________________________

Yesterday I was on my own for the morning. Knitting was started. I recuperated from the trip and walked the dog up to the cemetery entrance and back. I was dieing to just let the dog loose and get myself lost in the place. You’ll be happy to know that I was a good dog walker and stuck to my job at hand.

I did get into the Forest Hills Cemetery later in the day with my daughter soon after she arrived home from work. We got some beautiful pictures there. I could spend every moment of the rest of my stay here, just walking in that cemetery, and still miss large parts of the place.

The web site doesn’t cover much, and nothing at all in comparison to the place itself but it does have a blog spot that is interesting and it has pictures too. (They sell a 144 page guide book of the place at the visitors center there.)
_______________________________________

Today is supposed to be a hot one here in Boston. I’m going to look for some indoor and air conditioned places to be for the day. Still, so many cemeteries and so little time. Too bad they are not open after dark, a better time for us who don‘t like the sun.

1 comment:

Rebecca Nazar said...

My husband's maternal grandparents are buried at Woodlawn Cemetary, in Everett, Mass. His paternal grandparents are buried at Mt. Auburn, in Cambridge, which are lovely also, I guess. I hope you get to explore some others.

The weather is incredible today. Enjoy.