Thursday, April 2, 2009

On Being Conflicted:

I am posting late today. Not because my computer was sick with the conflicker (Whatever?) worm but because I was sick in bed.

I was conflicted because I didn’t want to move but felt I had an obligation to myself to get my daily blog out. And to get another box of tissues.

I dragged my butt out of bed at around noon. If you knew me, you would know that getting up at six in the morning is late for me. Not even the draw of food got me moving today. And at 194 pounds (Yes, I lost a pound as of yesterday, since Sunday.) You know that food is important.

I sit here with tissues up my nose and in my night gown. Wishing my bed would come closer to me so I didn’t have to actually try to walk to get back into it.

It looks like a beautiful day outside. I only looked out the window in trying to find my husband. I was hoping he would make me something to eat. When Mountain Man comes in from outside, I’ll have him get me some food and help me back to bed.

Here to hoping this illness runs its course swiftly because I can’t stand being sick like this for long. I have to get better in time for my spring allergies to start when the trees go into bloom. I’m thanking the powers that be that they haven’t bloomed yet around here. The trees are barely in bud.

I’m rambling incoherently now. I’m going to crawl back to bed now. Mountain man is having fun in the sun and may not be back for hours. I just can’t wait any longer. Back to bed for me.

No complaining tomorrow, I promise.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

get well soon friend!

Rebecca Nazar said...

Get well soon. You're not complaining. You're musing with force;-) which if fine.