Friday, November 14, 2008

On The First New Writing Group Meeting:

The first of the new writing group meeting was last night. Only four people showed up due to illness. There were phone calls from some of the people we knew, about just that. And I believe them because I woke up sick this morning also.

We had a good group. I was the only new one. The rest were all in the old writing group. And I got some good feedback on the stories I read.

Not to say that what I wrote was perfect. I mean that the feed back was helpful and I could see the points made to me did make a lot of sense.

The book industry has like most other things slowed down in this economy. Release dates have been set back indefinitely and editors are not returning phone calls as fast as they once did. This was the word from the authors with manuscripts in the works.

So the up hill battle gets steeper and the road longer. Even so I do not write because I want to be famous. I write because I can’t do anything else. The stories are in me and want to get out.

Once I find a proof reader I will start to but some of my stories on the web. But for now they sit in wait. I write differently when I write a store then how I write here or in a letter. So with the stories I need the proof writing step. And as last night’s meeting reinforced, I should not skip it.

The group does not have a name yet. We are hoping for a larger turn out before we do that. But on the second Thursday of the month we will be back again for the next meeting.

Now, I’m going back to bed and try to get better as fast as I can. See you tomorrow.

No comments: