I have been trying to have a little Epitaph of the week sharing spot on the side of my blog. The response has been spotty thou nice but I’d like to have more entries to choose from.
So I am offering a group of prizes to choose one from for the winner from the people who send in epitaphs. I will pick out ‘one’ name at random from a hat each Sunday from the entries I get that previous week. One name per epitaph entry. The more entries you send in the more times your name will go into the hat. The winner does not have to have an epitaph chosen for the blog but it must meet the rule requirements.
Here are the rules for writing your own headstone epitaphs and having them shown on my blog.
1. No more then 8 lines, but the shorter the better.
2. It does not have to rhyme.
3. Just words. No pictures, cartoons etc.
4. Nothing ‘overtly’ sexual, violent, disgusting, or racist will be considered.
5. Leave a name of who sent it. (It doesn’t have to be your real name.) But it will be attributed to that name. No name, no entry.
6. If the words are not your own. Add the original authors name if you know it. Otherwise just add ‘Anonymous’ and add ‘Sent in by’ and your name after that.
7. Spelling counts. Please proof read it before you hit the send button.
The ones I like best will get a posting in the ‘Epitaph Spot of the Week’ on my blog. Along with a link to your blog or web sight if you have one to submit. If you don't want to be in the contest just say so in your epitaph comment.
Only one winner of one prize each week. Prizes to choose from for the first week are:
1-S. A wool knitted Toilet Paper Scarf, five feet or 150 centimeters long.
Mochimochiland pattern without a face, thou it can be added on request.
2-H. A Three Horned knitted Jesters Hat with bells of a Bulky Acrylic/Mohair/Nylon yarn. Gothic Knit pattern in choice of two different color combinations.
3-N. A Tatted lace, cotton choker Necklace. Lady Euphoria designed and hand made by the lady herself in choice of black or white.
I will ‘return email’ to inform the winner of the week and get information for delivery. They will chose the prize they want from the list at that time. First name and general living area will be announced on the blog.
Good Luck! Lady Euphoria