Saturday, January 10, 2009

On What’s Up with Crafting:

So, what have I been up to? Polishing short stories for ‘Thrill or Shiver‘, getting ready for winters next blast, watching my weight (Lost two pounds since new years day, thank you very much.), and knitting of course.















The knitting is boring I know. Mittens, mittens and more mittens for the Kevin’s Mittens Charity and filling an order for ‘plain’ wash clothes.

I have been working on a tatted lace wedding handkerchief for The Princess Daughter’s wedding next August to Prince Charming. You can see what it will look like when it is done. I’m working on the last row now. That is if I don’t go and add another one which I am tempted to do. Only daughter and all that.















(Shhhhh, don’t tell the Princess. She has been too busy with wedding stuff to read the blog lately.)

We are settled in waiting for the next snow storm and the bitter cold that is to follow. Mountain Man has refilled the indoor wood pile and I have a box of mitten yarn waiting for me. And my dolls have been calling my name. I hear their wee small voices calling ‘Come Play!’ I have been neglecting them while I knit as many mittens as time will permit.

The tea pot is whistling, there are fresh sour dough rolls baking in the oven and I have no where to go at the moment. I hope you all have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Severina said...

Dying computer so no checking up on blogs for the past month. Too lazy to fix the thing as well.

Gorgeous handkerchief! I've seen photographs of Edwardian ones with Irish crocheted edging about that wide. I suppose a lady would never blow her nose on such an item.

Mmmm, sour dough rolls... I used to bake those but I couldn't stop ripping into them as they came out of the oven. Nothing like fresh-baked bread to destroy a diet!