Sunday, January 11, 2009

On Epitaph Contest restart in 2009:















Lyman Atherholt: May 15th, 1863
In the service of my Country I sickened and died.
Mourn not that I thus early fell.
My God and my Country were ever my pride.
Parents, Brothers, and Sisters farewell.

Now that the major holiday crunch is behind us and things are shaking themselves out, I am ready to restart the Epitaph Contest.

So here we go. The contest will be biweekly in 2009. That is to say every other week. One week on and one week off. Sorry people, I have a life and can’t spend all my time and money making things to give away.

Here are the up dated rules for writing your own headstone epitaphs and having them shown on this blog in the ‘Epitaph of the Week’ or entered into the ‘Epitaph Contest.’

Rules:
1. No more then 12 lines, but the shorter the better.
2. It does not have to rhyme.
3. Just words. No pictures, cartoons etc.
4. Nothing ‘overtly’ sexual, violent, disgusting, or racist will be considered.
5. Leave a name of who sent it. (It doesn’t have to be your real name.) But it will be attributed to that name. No name, no entry.
6. If the words are not your own. Add the original authors name if you know it. Otherwise just add ‘Anonymous’ and add ‘Sent in by’ and your name after that.
7. Spelling counts. Please proof read it before you hit the send button.

If you are only entering the Weekly epitaph and not the Contest please say so.

The prizes available to pick one of this week are:















1-S. A wool knitted Toilet Paper Scarf, five feet or 150 centimeters long.
Mochimochiland pattern without a face, thou it can be added on request.

2-C. Note Cards, set of three, for the dark at heart. Each has a different Black and white cemetery picture of Lady Deathwatch. (Sizes -1 single fold and 2 double fold.) They do make nice Sympathy Cards.

3-N. A Tatted lace, cotton choker Necklace. Lady Euphoria designed and hand made by the lady herself in choice of black or white.

So sharpen your pencils and start thinking head stones.
Good luck, Lady Euphoria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'If you're reading this, you're having a better day than me. '
Used with permission from TriptychR.

'Finally, quiet neighbors!'
-Collaborative effort with the aforementioned person.


Cheers~
~Katt

p.s. If I win could I have the black choker please?