Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On Story Writing: Thrill or Shiver:

The second big change to my blogging: Thrill or Shiver is my new dark story site. For those of you who don’t like horror stories of even the light kind, which most of mine are so far, they will remain there so you don’t accidentally come across them while expecting my daily blog. For those of you who do, just click the story link on the side of the blog and enjoy.

‘The Trouble in the Closet’ was not the first horror story I’ve written. In fact it was somewhere in the middle of the stack to date. I was having a hard time deciding which one to put out there first. So I just picked it out of the hat and there you are.

I’m not a blood and gore writer. I don’t add in that stuff just for effect. That’s not to say that there is no blood or gore at times because there sometimes is. But I don’t use extra just to gross people out. It is mostly ghosts, unfortunate events and odd happenings. So if it is excess blood and gore you are looking for I guess you are out of luck.

I will be adding more stories as time goes on and hope you find them to your liking. I do not expect that everyone will enjoy or even like what I write for the Thrill or Shiver site. The stories are varied so if you don’t like the first one you just might find the next to your liking. I am not a method writer so they differ quite a bit.

I will try to add to them about one every two weeks so that there will be new short stories on a regular basis.

I don’t have a proof reader for my stories and as we all know it is hardest to find your own mistakes. We know what we want to say and therefore we see it there, even if it isn’t. But I am trying to sift out as many of them as I can before I hit the publish button. So if you find a blaring fault in my story feel free to let me know so I can fix it if I agree with your assessment of my work. I do reserve the right to, agree to disagree with you.

And now ‘Thrill or Shiver’ is ready for your perusal.

No comments: