Tuesday, December 23, 2008

On My Kind of Snowed In Day:















Once in a while Mountain Man gets domestic. Now don’t get me wrong here. He did a wonderful job of taking care of ev-er-y-thing when I was down and out with cancer a few years back. I was not so fortunate to be one of those people that had an easy time of chemo. Mountain Man really did do it all while cleaning up after me too. But Mountain Man lives up to his name.

He works hard around here but he has his jobs and I have mine. It works for us. That doesn’t stop me from grabbing a hammer or screw driver and doing what needs doing around here or Mountain Man from grabbing a dish rag. So anyway, Mountain Man was running the vacuum which any woman knows is a turn on. I was washing dishes, counter and table tops and not being one of those domestic goddess types I wasn’t quite feeling it.

He comes through the kitchen to put the vacuum away and next thing I know we are dancing in the kitchen and there isn’t even any music on to dance to.

We don’t really do the date thing after nineteen years of marriage. We don’t go to the movies (Mountain Man can’t hear well) or out to dinner together (I have allergies). But never have it be said that there isn’t romance at our house.

We may be older and slower then we once were but we are not dead yet. The rules of romance are not lost on us just bent a bit to our own liking. We do what works for us. And yesterday we danced in the kitchen before finding other things to keep us occupied for a while.

After a while we got back to work and finished the jobs at hand knowing we can make the best of a snowy day in our own way.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Aww... how sweet! Hubby and I have been married over 10 years now (it'll be 11 on Imbolc) but we don't go out much either.. mostly because of money issues. I think that its much nicer to do random things rather than a planned 'date night' anyway.

Grace Garton said...

that's really lovely!
I think I'll read it out to Mr Pig when he gets home.;)