Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On Coraline:

Okay, so am I the only other one around here who is into the movie version of the book Coraline coming out in February besides Knitty?

Did anyone else go looking for the 50 mystery boxes all over the web?

Has anyone else been collecting the passwords and watching the mini movies about all of this?

Okay, I have made miniatures and dolls and love stop action animation and 3-D movies and knitting. I like to look at the darker side of life and write short horror stories.

But the knitting alone should have caused a stir around here. And the hunt is fun in itself, with all those other bloggers to check out. A mystery game for people who like toys that move by themselves in 3-D.

I’ve found 19 mystery boxes (Every one is different.), 8 passwords (There are Not 50 passwords.) and so far I’ve watched six of the mini movies about it or the people involved. And I’m in bed half the day because I’m sick and have a very s-l-o-w dial up web connection that took hours to download the little videos.

I’m not giving anything away so you can play the game yourself if you like. And there are plenty of places where people are posting what they do know. I’m in love with this movie and it isn’t even out yet.

Yes, I know this is a marketing scheme and a darn good one if you ask me. And I’m glad to pass the word along. I only wish I had gotten a box myself. But even though I didn’t I am enjoying looking on.

Thank you to the bloggers that got boxes and are sharing their good fortune in pictures, descriptions and links with the rest of us. And until the movie is out I’ll take what I can get. I’m having Coraline fun at the moment. How about you?

I know of boxes: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 Knitty, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 22, 23, 24, 29, 33, 34, 37, 39.

I’m still looking for: 3, 4, 9, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 26, 28, 30, 31, 32, 35, 36, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50.

1 comment:

Mouse said...

I'm searching for them too... the little movies and the boxes are WONDERFUL. I can't wait to see the movie. I copied the list of boxes you are looking for and will email you if I find any of them!