Thursday, October 9, 2008

On Remorse and Forgiveness:

We all have things that we regret and are remorseful of, and I am no different.

I am sorry for all the things I did or did not do that harmed or injured others in any way. Injury was not my intent.

I beg forgiveness of those that have witnessed my anger and at times rage. I should have gained control of myself for everyone’s sake.

I hope that I have controlled my tongue better in this last year and with practice strive for more success this year to come. Being a gossip is not a flattering thing to be.

I beg mercy of my Supreme Being for any blatant infractions of the laws handed to me with care in hopes that I will find them an ease to my life and not a hindrance. I strive to be more patient and kind.

I forgive others of their infractions to me and the others I love and care for. To collect lists of hurts is only a burden to myself. Though I do not forget, not to hold a grudge, but to learn not to do those same things to others and avoid the barbs of others not yet in control.

I still carry remorse for things that I can not ever change that had I controlled myself the scars both in body and soul to others would not exist. I will always see those scars made by my thoughtlessness and strive never to inflict them on anyone again.

Love and peace to all of you, Lady Euphoria

2 comments:

Judith said...

Ah, the Day of Atonement. I have a professional acquaintance who is Jewish (conservative temple but ecumenical in philosophy) who describes this as his favorite time of the Judaic calendar. He finds it to be a beneficial time of reflection and renewal.

Shalom!

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said...

Hi Everyone,

Although I am a Christian and not Jewish I do follow the Jewish calendar and holy days. If it was good enough for Jesus it's good enough for me.

I'm strange in some things, this is true. But I live and let live. And I'm thankful to my Jewish friends for keeping the traditions alive all these years.

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch