Saturday, October 11, 2008

On Googling Myself:

I Googled myself the other day. ‘Lady Euphoria Deathwatch.’ I do this on occasion to see if all is well on milady’s front.

I find it funny the things that those few words are associated with.

Bugs: Deathwatch and Lady beetles. Bugs are neat.

Movies: Practical Magic, one of my favorite movies by the way. Deathwatch beetle and the line ‘He lives briefly in the euphoria of her love.’

But the ones I find interesting are the political, terrorist, and economic references. Three subjects I’ve been pretty much avoiding here.

‘The first lady, the euphoria of the campaign, and the death watch of terrorism and the economy.’ It’s not the company I would necessarily associate with.

They are just not in my league. Not that I feel in any way superior. Just apples and oranges, and I happen to be allergic to oranges by the way.

You pick a name to be unique and different and you get politics, terrorism, and the like. I’d rather be thought of as a bug. Or Sandra Bullock/Nicole Kidman but I’m more like the odd Owen aunts played by Stockard Channing and Dianne Wiest, odd clothing and oddly wise with a little oddly fun loving thrown in.

No comments: