Thursday, June 11, 2009

On Rose Covered Apology:














I’ve been feeling a bit bad about not emailing or commenting on the blogs I read lately. Spring came and I’m just plain busy.

I like to keep in touch, making comments, and chatting with you by emails behind the scenes.

I’ve been reading your blogs (those that have them) here and there through out the day, but I haven’t been in the house a lot. And when I am, I’m doing things that I don’t have my hands free while on the computer to type a comment or reply. No free hands or time.

I’ve been doing the Wii exercise games I have. Three times a day in fifteen minute spots. Good fun and a lot of work. I have more energy and my clothing is fitting better.

I’ve been cleaning the house and closets, sewing and lace making for the wedding, and taking care of two elderly dogs, one of whom is dieing slowly.

Outside, between the rain drops, I‘ve been trying to keep up with the weeding. Weeds are the only things growing in the rainy cool weather we have been having lately. And they have been growing like, like, like weeds. The slugs have taken over and eaten half the plants we had growing out in the garden and now we have to replant. Not one cucumber plant survived the onslaught.
















The wild roses are doing fine in the rain because they are wild and essentially a weed. We have lots of them, both large bushes and small, all over the woods. And they pop up all over where we don’t want them in the garden and lawn. They aren’t much to look at, but the smell. The aroma of rose, those very little petals put out is amazing. When you get too close they can take your breath away.















I noted others in the world of blogging have been busy also, so I don’t feel quite so bad about my lack of communication. I want to say I’ll get right on those comments but the weather doesn’t look like it is going to change any time soon and the wedding is not until August.














So for now I’m here, but being a bit more quite and I offer roses that have stood the test of time.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Its not that I'm busy usually when I don't talk.. its more that I don't have anything nice to say. I know that I gripe a fair amount on my blog but I try not to go all out with how bad things are actually sucking. Things suck right now and I've clammed up.

I'm glad that your quietness is business and not anything unpleasant. Your roses and garden look beautiful!

Judith said...

The wild roses are gorgeous! And I congratulate you on your success at exercising. When we were kids we exercised all of the time, but we called it playing. :)

Big hugs!