Saturday, March 7, 2009

On Doing My Best:

This past week I haven’t been doing my best. I told myself it was because I had been sick. My muscles were weaker from four days of not eating and staying in bed, that was true. But after a few days of eating and going about my business that really wasn’t a factor any longer.

My trouble was that I really wasn’t putting my whole self behind what I was doing. That heart and soul, in the moment, way I usually do things. I was distracted and flighty, slow and not careful with my chores.

I was moving a lot but not getting things done. The more things that sat around unfinished the more distracted I became. It was all in the approach and it didn’t get better until I changed how I was thinking.

I can go around having a incomplete life with stuff and clutter all around me and be moody and disgusted with myself. Or I can choose to do my best in everything I do and be happier.

I’ll see you later. I have some projects to get done.

2 comments:

Rebecca Nazar said...

I think a lot of us feel this way this time of year. Hope you have a productive day. I'm going to try, too :-)

Kitty Kitty said...

Here is to a productive weekend for you and continuing to feel better. You can do it. :)