Thursday, July 22, 2010

On A Bit Of Up and About:

Well today the weather was nicer. I went outside to get some air and exercise. It was still hot and a bit humid, but nothing like the last week. I walked around until the breeze died down and the bugs came out in droves.

It felt delicious. Nothing like being stuck some place for a few days, to make getting out in the yard feel like a vacation.

No knitting today. I made a chainmail necklace. I had bought a flat, out line tree, with bare branches in black metal and it came with a little tiny bird on a tiny chain, in the jewelry parts isle of the craft store a few weeks ago. I wanted to make a necklace with the bird to fly over the tree, but it took me a while to think of a way.

From (480) 7mm silver plated jump rings, I made a chainmail sheet, 4 x 6 1/ 2 inches or 10 x 16 cm coming to a point at the center bottom. I hung this from a large solid wire ring necklace at the top. Picture a tall rectangle with a triangle attached at the bottom made from chainmail.

I added the tree at about the bottom third mark and the bird on the chain at the upper third mark, but a little over to the right, making it look like the bird is coming in for a landing on the tree.

I really like how it turned out. I still can’t get my pictures out of my camera and onto this ‘Gladys’ computer. She just can’t handle it.

I can’t wait until I have a computer that can get pictures onto my blog again. Sorry about it. Until then, You’ll just have to take my word for it.

Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

FUZZARELLY said...

How very cool! Can't wait to see it.