Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On Dreaming of Change:


I had a dream last night. It was about a baby.

I often have babies in my dreams. My kids when they were younger, other people holding babies around me, me being the baby sitter of an infant, baby dolls sitting around the room… You get the picture.

It was so realistic. In this dream I was having the baby and helping it through the first few days of life. For me these dreams always mean change is coming.

I spent the morning and some of the afternoon getting down to a visceral level with myself. Tapping my core and getting grounded. If change is coming I want to be ready and able to go with the flow.

Two of the last few times this happen for me was the time my son died and when I found out I had cancer. But always a change that I had to do some work to feel comfortable with or work out the change, good or bad. I don’t take these dreams lightly.

You may not believe that dreams have any information for you. And I myself believe that most dreams are just your mind on vacation. But I have learned that a few of my dreams are a wake up call for me.

A change is coming into my life. And if I’m not ready to work with it, I run the risk of being run over by it. Now for the fun part.

What will this change be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had those dreams of big change before. Once before my grandmother died and once before my dad's death. In both cases they died in the dream, but the dreams were so different. Maybe because their deaths were so different. I don't know. I just know I take those dreams a little more seriously now. I try not to let them scare me and just do what I can to except the message.

I hope your dreams don't bring about anything as dramatic as that. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Love,
Heidi

Mouse said...

*hugs* I hope that the change is something positive -- I'm a big believer in clues left in dreams.