Monday, March 15, 2010

On Clock? What Clock?:

Yes, we did turn the clocks ahead for daylight savings time.

I got up late today, but not for the reason you may be thinking.

I did in fact go to bed early on Saturday night. I woke with sciatica and my back was out of whack. I didn’t even blog on Sunday because I happen to know that you don’t like to hear me whine unendingly.

Mountain Man went around the house cheerfully (Yes, this night owl, non-goth man of eternal night was cheerful on that morning.) changed the time on all the clocks in the house. Do you think it had anything to do with him having the house to himself all day?

So, I was flat on my back and only got up for food and facilities. I read, I knit, I did pencil puzzle books, and watched movies on my portable DVD player. Ghost Busters and Addams Family if you must know.

Sunday gone, enter Monday morning.

I get up early, because despite my being goth, I’m an early bird. I’m feeling good. I bend down to put some wood in the wood stove to warm the house for the day like I always do and Bam!

No, not my back. I dropped the log on my toe.

Needless to say, after getting some ice, I went back to bed to start the day again.

So here I am, late and a bit bruised, but happy as sunshine (it’s a cloudy day here today.) because my sciatica is no more.

And by the way, That Baldy Fella over at Nick Nack Blog Attack wrote a story using my writing prompt suggestions.

Name: Dancer Dave
Object: Goblet of Forty Beetles
Dialogue: “I told you ten times not to do that and now you‘re stuck like that.”
Title: Sitting on a Cold Stone

Funny stuff! But Beware, if you don’t like body part humor.

1 comment:

NaomieC said...

Satellite clocks are the best. The time is always accurate and they automatically change with daylight savings time.