Sunday, February 22, 2009

On Thankfulness Tea Party:

Hi Everybody,

Today is the first annual Internet Thankfulness Tea Party.

I hope that everyone had the time to collect some goodies to eat, pen and paper, and a good attitude. If you are expecting guests, that they arrive in good time and that they are happy and healthy.

I’ll be interested in hearing what others have added to their parties to make it special to them. Did you listen to rock music or have pizza rolls? Did you indulge in chocolate latti or had a mixed drink instead of tea? Did you dress up or dress down? Was it a personal alone time experience or a family get together with the kids?

But mostly I’m interested in hearing some of the things you are thankful for.

Some lists will be long and others short. Some full of family and friends and others the names of the cats. But I know that each list with be as individual as the maker and just as special.

My lists have varied over the years. The one after my son died had little on it but the word ‘tears.’ But through it all I have found something, no matter how small, to be thankful for.

It is a good thing to take stock of the good things in your life. It gives you perspective and fills the places in your heart that are running low on positive energy. It gives you hope and lightens the soul in hard times.

If you have a hard time getting your list started, look around at the party you have created for yourself and list the things you added to make it special for you. I hope your list is full of wonderful things that mean a lot to you. And to start with I’m thankful for you my dear readers. You have taken a little idea I had to help me through the last long days of winter and expanded on it, embraced it, and made it you own. Feel free to do it again whenever you feel the need of it.

Have a happy Thankfulness Tea Party day, everyone.

Sincerely, Lady Euphoria Deathwatch

4 comments:

Grace Garton said...

good morning!! just a quick note to say thank you for yesterday.
It's not often I get a chance to do something like this but it was well worth the effort. Cheers....off to visit Mouse!

Mouse said...

I'm having homemade chai (that store-bought stuff is yucky) in my pjs rather than dressing up b/c hubby took me out for breakfast this morning and I overdid it by trying on some clothes at Target. I am thankful that my family is healthy and that we have a roof over our heads and some 'extra' money for a special breakfast date! (son was away for the night)

Mouse said...

Just posted photos to my blog!

Anonymous said...

My thankfulness tea party was all about "quiet" and to that end I had a mug of Tsarina Samovar blend from Special Teas and some ginger cookies on one of my grandmother's old china dessert plates. Nothing fancy, I just lingered over the cup and the cookies and enjoyed the cats and a quiet room. Which, in the middle of this storm that is called "raising teenagers" and "going back to college" is something to be grateful for indeed.

What a fun idea!