Friday, February 5, 2010

On Surprise Finds:















On days we get wood in from the outside wood pile and bring it in to warm up inside I generally hide from the cold in the family room from the door being opened repeatedly and the cold wood.

I usually hide under the covers, once we have brought all the wood in, and read a good book even if it is a re-read. Today it was The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. I’ve been re-reading this one every few years or so since I was a teenager.

I like to read allegory over again because you get so many life lessons from stories like this one. I track my progress in learning the lessons well. Not to mention we could all use a visit from the princess’s ‘Rhyme’ and ‘Reason’ a bit more.















Back to the wood, we usually get a few things out of the wood pile that we didn’t put into it and this time was no different. The difference was in the amount of things. We got a good haul this time.

From the top center clockwise.
A live stink bug, feathers from a Blue jay, a dead wool bear caterpillar, a large buckshot pellet, and a piece of snake skin.

The stink bug did not get feed to the Venus Flytrap. They stink far too much. And the caterpillar was already dead and dried up.

The Phantom Tollbooth is now tucked away in my head again and I feel a bit more ready to face the world and what life has to bring me.

Surprise, I’m not as bad off as I thought I was in the brains department with my bad memory troubles since the chemo. I remembered a lot more of the book then I thought I did.

No comments: