Friday, February 12, 2010

On Pulling Together Loose Ends:

The Winter Games and the Knit Olympics are about to start. And I find myself in a bit of a pickle.

I would love to start a new and challenging knit project along with all the other knitters joining in this year. But I do have a problem. A good portion of my knitting needle collection still have projects on them. I’ve turned into a starter not a finisher of late. And I just don’t have any more room for another project in the process. (Five bags with started projects in them in this room alone.)

So, there is only one thing to do. I won’t be sending my name and info to Yarn Harlot. I’ll be here by my lonesome doing a much harder thing for me. Turning stitches around from Combination so I can knit Continental and finishing as many UFO’s (Un Finished Objects) as I can before the winter games are over. And as a further goal for myself I will not start another project until the games are over or I have finished all the UFO’s in the house.

I know of a large bed throw, a scarf, a pair of mittens, a pair of socks, two sweaters, and a toy that I can think of off the top of my head, and I know that there are other things in plastic boxes out of sight.

I’ll keep a running total on the side of my blog and post pictures when I’m done with something.

By the end of the Winter Games I intend to be a winner. And get some of this heavy old UFO guilt off my back. Who knows, I may even loose a few pound of fat off my butt at the same time by keeping busy.

If you are not joining the Knit Olympics and would like to join me in a UFO ‘Finish Off’ Olympics instead, just let me know.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing myself!

Mouse said...

I've not sent my name to YH- I'm doing the Ravelympics instead.. but just so you know, there IS a frogging/WIP finishing event on the roster!
ps. Its snowing here in GA.. I fear that I should have gone out and bought some kitty food!

Batty said...

Finishing as many UFOs as you can is a worthy challenge. I've read on at least one other person's blog that that's what she's doing, so you're not alone.

Me... I haven't been able to muster any sort of excitement for the Olympics since they let in professional athletes, and I don't see myself knitting anything during the Winter Olypmics. I'd feel like a fake if I did, if that makes any sense.