Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On Housework Vs. Fun:

I am not the ‘Suzie Homemaker’ type. I don’t live to clean my house. I’m not living in a mess. Just some clutter and a sliding pile or two. You can write your name in the dust on a piece of furniture or two on occasion but rarely find it still there months later. (I have to say that now because it did happen while I was going through the cancer treatments.) I do get around to it eventually. I really do dust on a regular bases. I just don’t see the need to eradicate every single dust fleck that comes through my space.

There are so many other things I’d like or need to be doing besides dusting a nearly dust free piece of furniture. Dusting is just not one of my priorities. I have stories to write. Crafts to finish. Clothing to sew, patch, make. Lace to make. Pictures to take. Older dogs to take care of. Dishes to wash. Laundry to wash, dry and put away. Food to prepare. Friends to email with.

And fun. I like to have my fun. Since the cancer I would rather have some fun in my life each day then worry about dusting. I need to walk in the woods, play video games, sing and dance each day. Nero fiddled while Rome burned and I shall have fun while dust collects in my house.

So I’m having some fun today. What are you doing?

No comments: