Tuesday, October 19, 2010

On Spending Vs. Saving:

Yesterday we made ginger-pear butter and did more canning of pears from the pear tree out back of the house.

Today was shopping day so we were out most of the day. I needed a few things and we wanted to stock up for things needed this Winter. It was an all day shopping trip. I hate those and I’m glad it is over. I don’t know why I’m missing the shopping gene, but I don’t have it. I can’t wait to have any shopping trip over even with the savings.

I’m a thrifty spender and hate parting with money when I’m saving for something I need. I am still saving for that new computer. And the closer I get to my goal the more I hate parting with cash.

It was needs vs. wants so I spent the money. I’ll wait for weeks, months even, for a sale to save a few cents. The sales came and I went out shopping.

We are shoppers that go by the rule, That if you don’t have the money you don’t get it. So even if we use a credit card, the money must be there to pay for it before it is purchased.

The computer will have to wait a bit longer.

2 comments:

FUZZARELLY said...

I don't have that "shopping" gene, either. Thank goodness I am not the only one.

I have a credit card, and I use it. For the first time in several years, I was not able to totally pay the bill when it came.

But I will next month. I did need that sewing machine.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for the lack of shopping gene. I hate shopping. My daughter thinks there is something wrong with me. Imagine my joy when I dicovered the internet and online shopping!