Sunday, May 2, 2010

On Video Game Play:

I have this love/hate relationship with video games.

On the one hand I could play all day, enjoying myself immensely, and not stopping to eat much at all.

And then there is the added benefit of the fact that they help with my memory troubles.

On the other they just suck all my time and life away. I get little, if any exercise. And I wind up with eye strain headaches.

I want balance in my life. I had plans to knit this weekend. I was lost with Indiana Jones in a Lego world, collecting treasure and wasting time.

Yes, I chose to play the game. Yes, I could have stopped. But I didn’t because I was having too much fun. I could easily get addicted to these things.

Today I’m not gaming until I have some knitting accomplished.

Who knows? I just might keep my hands off the video game controller all day.

Who am I kidding. Not a chance. I’m doomed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the exact same way, but my game of choice is Lexulous (like Scrabble.) I could play all day.

Fuzzarelly (google does not want to recognize me.)

whitey said...

never could get past PAC MAN, these games now a days are to complex for me