Wednesday, May 5, 2010

On The Gods of Electricity Were Against Me:

Did you ever have one of those days where no matter how hard you try, you just can’t get what you want to done?

That was me yesterday.

I got up late, so I didn’t blog before doing my weekly shopping. Shopping went well, thou slow. I found some yarn on sale, but other things I was looking for were out of stock. We bounced from store to store looking for substitutes.

When we did finally return home, as we pulled into the driveway, lightening struck near by and the clouds let loose heavy drops of cold rain.

Short lived as that storm was, we waited it out. We finally got our food and purchases into the house. As I got on the web and the second wave of storms hit. We unplugged everything and waited it out.

Now, I have been in this house when it was hit by lightening before. I do live on top of a mountain, closer to the clouds and violent storms. I’ve even had a phone explode in my hand once. We unplug things around here when a storm is about to hit.

So, I spent the rest of the day waiting for the waves to clear long enough to get on the web. They would clear only long enough to do one or two needed things before we would have to unplug things again. We even were without electricity for a while.

I did get my knitting mojo back while waiting for the storms to lift. I knitted a baby sweater for a friend (No pictures, she reads the blog.) and started on two other knit projects. I guess I just needed a little electric shock to get back in the groove.

So I’m back in the blog and knitting like crazy. All is well in my little world. Well almost, I still need to get over allergy season.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

I just cruised over from Whitey's blog and I just find you so very cool! I am now a follower, and a new friend.

I though you might enjoy a pic that my hubby took of a cemetery on route 9 in southern VT....http://www.flickr.com/photos/glemak/4107490465/sizes/l/in/set-72157622763041424/

I hope I did that link right and I hope you like the pic :)If I didn't do it right lemme know and I will send it email.

I will be visiting regularly and I am so very pleased to "meet" you.

Hugs
Ma TK