Thursday, August 27, 2009

On The Wedding Day, Part 3:

When the wedding couple rejoined the guests under the tent there were canapes and the music was started. Small children and some adventurous adults danced.

The table center pieces turned out lovely (lavender and baby‘s breath so as not attract bugs and Mountain Man provided the tree slices), the wooden name place cards made a hit with everyone there (they were made by the groom), and no one was upset with the seating arrangements. Everyone had smiling faces, they were laughing and talking and generally having a good time. And outside of the tent a number of large dragon flies were putting on an impromptu air show.

The only draw back was the biting bugs, and a basket of various bug sprays was past around to each table to keep them at bay.

The dinner, Chicken, Fish or Vegetarian, was very good to the point that someone begged the recipes from the owner, and various people took the time to copy them down. (No, I didn’t get them as well, but my sister did.)

Glass’ were clinked and the best man and maid of honor made their toasts. The bridal couple kissed and the dancing started in full with the bride and groom’s first dance as a married couple.

The party went on in the tent and the air conditioned room where the groom set up a photo center where you could push a button and ten seconds later your picture would be taken for them. This attracted the children and people who had a sense of humor. Many funny pictures awaited the newly weds along with the more serious photos of the people that came to the wedding.

The wedding cake was a pine tree shaped stand of cupcakes because the wedding theme was trees/nature. Small jars of honey made right there at the retreat center were the favors.

The people with long drives started to leave around nine o’clock. I turned in at 11:30PM, when the party moved to the fire pit for a sing along and the rest of the guests that were housed at hotels left. I was told that the remaining people and the newlyweds went to bed at 2:00 in the morning.

The handkerchiefs I made for the bride and the women of the wedding party made a big hit, but somehow I didn’t get one picture of them. I was so busy I didn’t even take a picture of them before I left for the weekend. Silly of me I know. The women got tea dyed with a narrow bobbin lace and the bride got white with deep tatted lace.

The next day we all had fun cleaning up the grounds until noon. Then we packed the cars to the brim to get everything in. Good-byes were said and we left for our six hour trip back home.

The wedding couple left for their honeymoon the next day.


Rebecca Nazar said...

Love the wedding cake. What a great idea.

Mouse said...

Wow.. what a beautiful wedding reception! I have to admit I was wondering what it was going to look like with all of that DIY happening but y'all ROCKED those center pieces!

Judith said...

abso-freakin-lutely beautiful! I loved the table centerpieces! And the camera idea sounds grand!


Wishing many blessings for the bride and groom!

Guzzisue said...

so many lovely ideas to make a memorable day :-) how many lace hankies? more patience than me!