Monday, April 5, 2010

On Pestilence:

I don’t know about where you live, but here there has never been so many bugs.

Before the snow was completely gone we were having a Deer Tick problem with the dogs and on us when we walked in the woods. And the ants had also invaded the house.

Yesterday we had a swarm of mosquitoes in the house because I hadn’t put all the screens up yet. I’ve never had the screens up this early before. I never needed to. It never even got to 70 degrees Fahrenheit yet up here on the mountain.

We’ve had Stink Bugs, beetles, and spiders galore.

I am not a bug-a-phobe. But that doesn’t mean I like to have so many of them around. Nor do I like to be chewed up by them. Itch, itch, scratch, scratch.

We had a hard long winter and that usually means a slow spring, But I’m fighting summer bugs and I can’t even put the snow shovel away because we may still get some snow before the warmth is here to say.

I miss having my spring days of no screen doors, the house open wide and the freedom of not having to jump up to let the dogs in and out all day long.

What is with all the bugs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they have flown up to you from Georgia... I am actually seeing fewer (at least of the mosquito variety) than I am used to this time of year... my condolences!