Sunday, April 3, 2011

On The Things We Do For Love:














What is it about Puppies, Kittens, and all Babies in general that make us willing to do just about anything for them?

Is it the cuteness thing or the helplessness? Or maybe its both things together?

My back is out, I’m all hunched over when I try to stand. It hurts! But am I staying flat on my back and resting it in bed?

No! I’m cleaning up puddles and poop, stolen then shredded paper towels, spilled water dishes, and toys under foot. And loving every minute of it.

I‘m going out in the rain and snow and cold without a jacket to do an impromptu walking. And bathing him to clean the mud off afterwards.

I’m sleeping on the floor next to his cage with one finger through the bars so he can go back to sleep in the middle of the night after a howling lonely spell.

I’m taking hundreds of pictures, most all of them just a blur of puppiness. Unless of course he is sleeping.















We pulled up the rug and put down throw rugs that he pulls around the room. Mirrors against the walls at floor level so he thinks that are still other dogs around.

You couldn’t pay me to do this stuff and yet here I am besot with puppy love and willing to do almost anything to keep him happy and healthy.

No comments: