Friday, November 12, 2010

On Routine:

I’m trying to get back to my old routine. Trying being the operative word.

I keep being distracted. Mostly by things being out of place. Man logic strikes again.

Seven pairs of shoes in the kitchen so he didn’t have to walk to get them from the bedroom eight paces away.

Nine hats on the backs of chairs. My stair stepper has been changed into a coat rack. And the kitchen sink has been taken apart. These being only a few of the changes.

Was I gone that long? Didn’t he know I was coming back? Wasn’t he on the phone nightly, begging me to come home early?

I’ve decided to move these things back into place as I march around the house at my exercises. Killing two birds with one stone as it were.

You can’t sweat the small stuff, but sometimes it can gang up on you and break your routine.

2 comments:

Enchanted Hollow Designs said...

Hmmmmmm..........I think your husband is closely related to mine. : )
Gosh, tell me about it! My husband absolutely WILL NOT hang up clothing or put hats, shoes, etc. in closets. We end up with shirts, winter hats, even his pants hanging from every conceivable doorknow, chair, hook, anything that is NOT a closet.
And, as for useful things like sinks being in various stages of "repair", ugh, don't get me started!
I only just met you, and it sounds like your hubby was only doing these things while you were away. I sincerely hope that is the case! With my husband, these are lifestyle choices. : )
Not for much longer, though. Once we get into our house, Albert is going to be "trained" on the wonders of putting things where they belong and on finishing repairs in a timely fashion. : )
Lots of love,
Cindy

Ron Mylar said...

Most of the times usually all the husband are alike so we no need to worry about this thing they all have their unique nature.