Sunday, November 14, 2010

On Computer Home Stretch:

I am almost there in my dead computer replacement. I have been pinching my pennies and pouring over the latest makes and models.

I can’t wait to be able to show you pictures again. Sooo many things I’ve wanted to show you over the last few months since my old computer ‘Rupert’ started shooting sparks.

I will have to find a name for the new computer also. I’m leaning toward a girl this time. Enchantress, Dysenteria, and Morticia are on the short list. But more names keep on coming up for review. I’ll know it when I hear it paired with the new computer.

I will confess that I also want the new computer to video phone (Skype) with my grandbaby. I can see him, but he can’t see me right now. Not that he can see all that well at this time, but I want to be visible when he can. And I still want to be a blob on the screen as I talk to him with his current viewing abilities.

We are going out to look at a few computers later on today. I’ll order direct from the company, but I want to take a look in the stores just the same. And who knows, I may hit a sale on one of the ones I want.

It will take days to get all my stuff organized and into it once I have the new computer, but I’ll be able to fully function again. And that will be just lovely, don’t you think?

3 comments:

FUZZARELLY said...

Yay, you! So glad things are coming together for you, computer-wise.

Mouse said...

Sounds lovely! I can't wait to see your new computer! I'm looking forward to the day I can replace this giant dinosaur on my desk with a sleek little laptop w/ webcam!

Kraxpelax said...

Sleepless in Seattle

There's much in the world that you can't explain.
It's revealed for you to remember
by the whispering voice of a distant train
or a midnight rain in november.

Horizon within! You can always find
the keys to Enigma. Let's mention
one basic Truth: of spirited Mind
Is Nature naught but extension.

Internal expanses! In dreams, ridden
by fear and longing you roam
that deep Southeast in your soul hidden
...on your random journey back home.

Single Swingle