Monday, September 7, 2009

On Labor Day 2009 or Hoping for a Rainy Day:

It may be Labor day for most of you. Now you will be readying children for school, change your mind set from summer to autumn, (Or winter to spring for my friends in the southern hemisphere.) summer vacation to work.

But as for the Lady Deathwatch… She is making darker plans.

I spent the better part of the day drawing up plans for a coffin. Since I don’t want to have to do all that work just for one day ‘Halloween’ a year. I took the time to draw up something I can use year round. I have wanted one for a very long time.

I will be able to use it as a hope chest or a couch/day bed (With the one side in front removed) in the off season. (I do like to multi-task you see.)

I’m making it of plywood, covering it with fabric and painting it black. It will look better than it really is because I will also hide the inner wood with satin fabric and stuffing. It won’t be as good as some people can make because I don’t have those kinds of skills. But for me and my needs, it will be just fine and I can’t wait until it is finished.

Of course I still have to buy the parts, cut and build it, cover and paint it before I can add the hinges, handles and other parts that will make it look just right on the outside. Then there will be the bedding and scrunched satin lining to put together for the interior.

It will take time and care but I feel ready for a larger project just now. I hope to get it done by Halloween of course. But if I don’t, none of it will be lost on a Gothy woman like me.

I can’t wait to sleep on it’s comfy bedding, laid out in my finest Goth night dress. What a lucky Victorian Goth Lady am I.

For now, I’ll start on a nice quilt to dress it up. Mountain Man is still busy on the roof, you see. When he is done in a few days I’ll get the parts for my coffin. That is, unless it starts to rain first. Then I’ll be off shopping for parts.

No comments: