Friday, September 24, 2010

On Marvelous Maxfield Blue:

I just love the sky in the evenings in Autumn. They are all Maxfield Parrish Blue. So very many shades of blue blended all in one vista.

Don’t get me wrong I still like the gray skies of winter best, but those blue Autumn evening skies are marvelous.

This is not the deep assure blue of the day time, it is the gradation of blues from light aqua on horizon to a deeper sky blue over head.

The assure blue sky is lovely especially with the oranges, yellows and reds on the trees in the Autumn sunlight. But I can’t get enough of looking at the blues in the evening.

Have you looked at it? I mean ‘really’ looked at it? You can see the colors changes as you look up and down the blue expanse.

I am sorry to you who live in places of the world that just don’t have this view of the sky. And frankly I wouldn’t want to live anywhere I couldn’t see it. It mesmerizes me. Just light refracting off the atmosphere. But what a light refraction.

Here is link to Maxfield Parrish’s most famous painting with his signature Autumn blue sky. http://www.maxfieldparrishonline.com/1926a.htm

No comments: