Thursday, September 23, 2010

On Knitting Winter Readiness:

On Knitting Winter Readiness:

Now that the canning and freezing is done for now, (The apples, grapes and other later season fruits and veggies are not ready yet.) I have hit the knitting needles again.

A very kind person gave me three large boxes of yarn for use in making hats, scarves and mittens for the needy. Mostly I will be making these things for the women’s and children’s shelter.

I got off to a good start with a hat, one of those short scarves and I started a pair of mittens. Of course they are being done in my sons name and this years totals will be kept at the Kevin’s Mittens blog.

I hope to make as many as I can before the new grandchild arrives near the end of October. I’m not knitting much for the baby yet until I find out if it is a boy or a girl. I did knit a few toys and some general items, but I’m waiting until I know sex and sizes. With luck and time I’ll have those boxes of yarn transformed into hats, scarves and mittens by then.

I did take some time to walk and look at the leaves change color today. I’m am not an orange person. That is to say, I’m not a fan of the color orange at any other time of the year. But orange is Autumn to me, and Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The vivid orange colors are beautiful.
______________________________

Oh, and for those who have asked, I still do not have the new gas range and we are using the old wood cook stove for now. That is why I was extra busy with the canning this year. Hot hard work to say the least. The new black gas range is on back order. I’ll let you know how it is going on that front as I get info.

No comments: