Sunday, December 11, 2011

On Happy News:

I spent the last hour making a mega batch of cookie dough for the freezer.

I used up the first batch and then some more. Visitors the past few days came early this season and I am glad that I was cookie ready.

So it looks like I’m mostly done with holiday visitors this year already, unless some come back or new ones arrive.

Now the news! I am to be a grandma times two in late Spring. They are waiting to find out what the baby is until the birth like with the first one. So far all is well and the morning sickness is subsiding.

I have a lot of knitting to get into. New stuff for the new kiddie. Knit toys for the most part. I knitted a hollow log house with some knitted fairy bears (Bears with leaf wings on their backs.), the bears were made in autumn leave colors. The Grand-kiddie loves them and they are part of his good night ritual.

Grand-kiddie is growing in leaps and bounds. Walking and talking now that he is just over a year old. I wish I lived close enough to see him daily. The computer helps us see each other in real time. But it is not the same as hugs and kisses close.

They are a mixed culture family and do a generic mix of holidays. I’m the kind of grandma that has gifts when I see him. I’m not the gifts in the mail kind. But that may change if they move farther away. A possibility in this economy. One must go where the job is.

But for now I’ll take all I can get and hope for the best. Today is a very good, good news day.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Congratulations on being a 2x grandma! I wish I were closer so that I could stop in for some cookies & tea this holiday season! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's so great! The fairy bears sound lovely- next time post a pic!