Friday, August 26, 2011

On Pumpkin Head Moments:















Really a Grandma moment, but I digress.

I have here a picture of one of our three large pumpkins. The wall is about hip high on me. So the pumpkin is about knee high.

And the pumpkin has grown since I took this picture a few weeks ago.

It was decided back in the Spring that we would try to grow a pumpkin large enough for the grandkid to fit into by his first birthday.

Now the grandkid will be a year old in October.

The trick will be to keep the pumpkin alive and growing through the expected storm, so that when the grandkid comes to visit around about his birthday, we can carve it out and sit him inside.

I now have the need to knit pumpkin hats for all involved.

Where did I stash my orange yarn?

1 comment:

Mouse said...

I love the idea of putting the grandkid inside a pumpkin shell.. that will be an awesome photo! I hope you guys are all ok up there during the hurricane!!! I love the word" bumbershoots" btw..