Thursday, September 6, 2012

On Not Without Good Reason:


Yes, I am sorry that I haven’t been around.

But life is like that.  You get to a place that you feel comfortable and then BANG!

Back in May I learned that a company was trying to put up a gas compressor station within a mile of my house.

The sneaky buggers were trying to get a variance for a “cell tower for a storage shed.”  When asked by the neighbors ‘Why do you need a cell tower for a storage shed in the woods?’  We found out that is was really a highly toxic compressor station that they planed to build and release the same toxins that you may remember from the Erin Brockavich movie into the air 24-7.  But this was in my real life.  Right over my organic garden, my house, my lungs.

This was big, bad, high industry trying to sneak into a agricultural area and poison us.

There is a video on YouTube about one just like it that the same company was trying to put up just outside our local school complex.  All school ages right through high school having toxins dumped on them day in and day out.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gW4zSayf9O4 

Well anyway we fought hard to get the word out about it in every one of our available waking moments.  And we won a battle.  The zoning board voted ‘No’ to their back door plans to sneak a compressor station on us.

I can breath a bit easier for the moment.  We will still have to be on our guard.  They can appeal and also go through proper channels to try to place that monster anyway.  But the local community leaders know were we stand and that in a short time we can and did become a force to be reckoned with.  

So, I am sorry that I haven’t been around to read your blogs, commenting, and or just plain entertaining you.

For now I’m going back to my old life of blogging and knitting toys for the grandkids.  And leaning new and interesting things to do with my hands.  But I’m also keeping an eye out for real monsters.  They do exist.

No comments: