Friday, September 3, 2010

On Time Slippage:

I’ve been bored and boring here as I am every year during canning season. Each year the garden gets a bit bigger and there is more produce to put up in many rows of canning jars or in the freezer. And it still doesn't feed us for a full year.

I hate to neglect the blog, but there are only so many hours in the day. Even my Goth lovelies hang in the closet while I stand all messy in my stained apron and sweats.

Some days run late and others start early. They are long and repetitive.

As the hundreds of jars and containers of garden glory gets processed, I once again start to hate gardening, canning, and our ‘sort of’ self sufficiency lifestyle. This is only a temporary condition.

People have lives while we slave away. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I may miss the better parts of August and September, but I do get the time to relax the rest of the year.

When the time stops slipping away under these repetitive tasks I’ll be back to my odd, silly, self in no time.

No comments: